Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Home Health Care

Staying home today. As the keeper of my home, much of my time goes toward serving my family and friends, which is a joy and privilege, but sometimes, you just need to focus on yourself.

An early autumn cold has taken up residence in my  head and chest. So to honor the rhythms of life, I'm taking time to nurse myself. Besides my remedy and essential oils, my prescription includes, a detox bath, resting quietly in a darkened room, listening to some audiobooks and catching up on podcasts, sipping Stinging Nettle tea and this delicious soup.

Chock full of comforting goodness and potent immune boosters. Smell and Taste are not working properly at this time, but my daughter confirmed it smelled delicious. The warmth and aromatics seem to be just what the doctor my body ordered.


upload_-1
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. ~Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

~Nourishing Health Soup~

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Broth
  • 1 medium Onion, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
  • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon dried Stinging Nettles
  • ! Tablespoon Jensen's Gelatin
  • 1 teaspoon Real Sea Salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • 2 Baby Bella Mushrooms, roughly chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil

Method:

Add ingredients one by one to medium-sized pot. Heat over medium heat to a simmer. Enjoy!

Back to resting!