Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Day at the Beach

I had a great time going to the beach, at the beach and the drive back. It was the first time in forever I remember going any where of that distance alone.

The trip down was beautiful. Despite, the sun, bright and warm, the sky, Carolina blue with both puffy & wispy clouds all around, I did see quite a bit of snow left over from five days earlier. Thanks to my son's GPS, I found my way easily.











Arriving first at my mother's new apartment, I unloaded the car and shook off the road dust before heading over to Robin's home. We met up with Monica, Linda, Donna & her two sons.


Then we followed Robin to the Medieval Times Dinner Theatre for a night in the Royal Court with feasting and jousting. Followed by more visiting and catching up at Robin's home.


After a good night's sleep, plans were to visit Brookgreen Gardens, but scattered rain showers dampened those plans. Instead, we enjoyed a leisurely and long Continental breakfast and more conversation. Finally we decided on a little jaunt up to North Myrtle to scout out Fat Harold's. No time to dance this visit, hopefully next time!

We drove by Surside and witnessed the birds feeding on the water which had a heavy mist hovering over it. Reminded me of Genesis 1:1,2


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Too soon, it was time to depart. After hugs and more hugs I hit the road back home. I didn't pay much attention to the way I drove down and did not have a clue how to return, so I simply programmed the GPS but unfortunately, the battery died and I had to make my way back flying by the seat of my pants. Maps are still useful, thankfully I had printed one before leaving and I found my way home to my family who was very happy to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment