Friday, October 2, 2009

Satisfying My Father’s Heart © by A.H.L.*

My dear friend led me to this site and to this author whom she met at Trader Joe's!


Though a thousand thousand waterfalls

Cascading eons without end

Should pour out their liquid praise to God –

Though the earth’s mighty oceans, roaring,

Crashing over miles of depth

Should cry out joyfully to Him –

Though the myriad trees of countless forests

Shimmering in nature’s dance

Should lift leafy arms to worship their Creator –

Though the birds on every continent and isle

Should join in one grand symphony of adoration –

These could never satisfy my Father’s heart

Like one grateful leper–cleansed

Returning humbly to say “Thank you.”



*A.H.L stands for Aretta H. Loving, composer of this poem; but it also stands for A Healed Leper, a name I claim with thanksgiving to Jesus who cleansed and continues to cleanse me from the leprosy of sin.

1 comment:

  1. wow...that was surprising to see
    a link to my blog, etc ....
    You made me smile. Wish I could tell
    Arreta! She was someone full of stories and wisdom. I could have stood there all afternoon to listen to her. We both have grey hair so that wasn't quite it. Special time
    intersecting in a nook and cranny of
    grocery shopping!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete