Thursday, September 30, 2010

Callout for Your Best Recipes

This past May, a friend of my children was killed in Afghanistan.

Christopher R. Barton made the ultimate sacrifice for his country in Afghanistan on May 24, 2010.

My children were deeply affected by this which in turn deeply affected me.

To honor the memory of Christopher, the family established the SPC Christopher R Barton Foundation which "will strive to touch the lives of Active Duty Soldiers, their families and veterans through scholarships and donations."

One of the many fund raising projects will be the Hometown Heroes Cookbook. Currently, 200 recipes have been collected, but we need MORE! The goal is 500!

This is where you come in! I know you all have recipes! This is an official call out to all you budding chefs to please contribute your favorite recipes to the Hometown Heroes Cookbook.

Please email them to me at jsm_ph48@yahoo.com Submissions must be received by October 15.

We are also taking Pre-Orders. The books will be $12.50. The books will be delivered by December 17. Let me know if you'd like one.

Lastly, if you're interested in placing an advertisement  for your business in the cookbook please contact me.

Your help is very much appreciated.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment