Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mama, Do You Like Your Children?

Once upon a time, I was caught up in this mindset.

I may be a slow learner, but I now cherish my role as Mother.
"Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he
confronts his accusers at the city gates."

Please read this article from Generation Cedar:

Mama, Do You Like Your Children?

4 comments:

  1. What a thought provoking dialogue. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine not. I have had "ages" when they were difficult but they always grew out of those ages!
    Grew TALL in my house. Laughter, food and fun...keeps them texting,coming home and calling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. What we believe truly does need to reflect in the details of how we live. I am recommitting my efforts to teaching my children (through actions) that they are beloved, and strong, and precious, because that is what I truly believe.

    As you stated, the days spin past us in a blur of activity - often focused outside of the home - and before we know it, years have passed...moments lost...precious memories sacrificed.

    One statement that has "stuck" with me over the years is "Your children only have one childhood." This is indeed a big responsibility God has entrusted to us! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, Last week Brandon sent me a quote from a book he was reading because it was "pretty deep" and he knew I'd like it!! That made my week!! Little things, big joy!

    Laughter, food and fun!! Now that they are all grown, away from home more than here, those are the staple ingredients I hope to always have on hand when they call or come by, signaling they are HOME!

    Sara, your children are amazing. They are so sweet and loving just as your whole family is! You all are so special to me!!!

    ReplyDelete